Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fry an egg on the sidewalk HOT!

Ugh. It is so friggin hot down here it's ridiculous. Seriously. I'm losing my mind with the heat. I kid you not, but I wish I were. Whew.

Yesterday we didn't play outside, but she got a lot of fun painting and Lego time in. Better than how today has been, which has mostly been TV and computer time. Not cool, I know. But seriously it's so hot out there I probably COULD fry an egg on the sidewalk. If I were able to tolerate looking at eggs that long. Blech.


But we did get out of the house yesterday. So that was a good thing. Hubby picked us up and we were headed to Chili's for dinner as it was Kids Eat Free night. And they even had a balloon artist there. Pretty cool, right? Yeah, it was. Especially since we were indoors.
Ha. I'm punny ...

But as we took off in the Jeep, top up but windows and sides down
(technically that could be considered outside, if you look at it thoroughly, right?) we spot a small Jack Russell walking down the street. Just strolling along by itself.

My husband and I looked at one another and he backed the truck up. OK, the Jeep, but you get me ... and he called to the pup and she came over and hung with us as we tried to contact her owner. No luck after two voicemails, so we went back to the house and got our leash, held onto her that way and ultimately ended up with our fifteen minutes outside rescuing a lost pupster and walking her home to her mama.


Her name was Jackie, and if I had been quick enough I would have snapped a quick shot of her with my phone. But I didn't. Plus, Dexter would have been way jealous, I'm sure.


Anyway - that was that. And if it happens to cool down at all tonight then maybe we'll be lucky and have an opportunity for a walk. Cause man, this heat is a killer!

1 comment: