Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More like days ...

Our fifteen minutes has been more like day after day after day.

We're in NY right now, and the time outside has been unlimited. Odd, no? In that normally you'd think the opposite and consider that we might be outdoors more back home in the South. But not so much when it comes to that crazy heat. But Brooklyn is giving the Triangle a run for its money. With a 98 or 99 degree forecast for tomorrow. Holy cow!

We've kept pretty busy round here. With a trip to the park and playground on Monday with my dad, brand new soccer ball in tow! And yesterday we hit Coney Island. And man, it was hot! With what should have been a capital "H"! Whew!

After the rides and the craziness, we went to the boardwalk for a bit and then missy wanted to hit the playground on the beach. Yes, a small area with a slide and some climbing spots IN the sand. Don't worry, I took pictures - so I'll be sure to share at some point.

It's been lots of fun, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was ready to hang up my hat (that I so haven't been wearing but probably should have yesterday!) and stay indoors for a bit. So that is the agenda for today!

Stay cool. but don't forget your fifteen minutes outside whenever you can fit them in! For us today's should cover walking the dog (he's getting loads of fifteen minutes in every day up here!) and a stroll over to all get our nails done. Which I'm sure will be lots of fun, as well.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment