Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day three!

Today I got to sleep in as my daughter and husband left the house early to head to a hamfest. As in ham radio. Or something like that. So while I know she had some outdoor time, and we had loads of fresh air while driving around in the Jeep today - we also had a good dose of outside play tonight after hubby left to go catch a movie.

She wanted to jump rope, which I was up for, but then decided she couldn't decide what to do out there. It was around dusk, and the bugs were starting to come out, and bugs love me, so I knew I wasn't going to last very long. But we did make it a good 20+ minutes.


We started off with jump-roping, her - not me - I wasn't given a chance today. And then she was watering flowers randomly. Weeds are more like it. But we did go to ACE Hardware today to look at some chairs for the yard, and then some birdhouses, and also - GASP - vegetable plants. Because maybe, despite my black thumb when it comes to flowers, maybe I can actually plant a garden of some sort and see if we can create and grow our own food. It sounds doubtful, I know, but hubby seems to think he can affordably create an area that he can fence off and we can grow stuff like cucumbers and zucchini, or maybe even tomatoes. Mmmn. I may need to get my hands on a topsy turvy. And yes, I mean the "as seen on TV" kind!


We ended our outdoor semi-adventure playing ball. Basketball, and rolling a bouncy ball and soccer ball, and then some bouncing. And then she raced for one and landed hands-first into the mud, which was a perfect opportunity to close up shop and head inside for a nice, long, pre-bedtime bath.


And we'll see what tomorrow will bring, because Sundays = swimming around these parts, so our 15 minutes and then some might be indoors, and in the pool, but we'll see what else we can get ourselves into before the day ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment