Thursday, May 26, 2011

Starting today!

Last night we went to Barnes and Noble and I came across this incredible book, at least it seemed really cool, so I decided to buy it, because who could ever have too many books, right?

Anyway, here is the book info: Fifteen Minutes Outside: 365 Ways to Get Out of the House and Connect with Your Kids, by Rebecca Cohen.

Something in this book triggered something in me, and I started today! So despite the crazy NC heat, I am going to get my child outside for at least fifteen minutes every day. And if that doesn't work then I am going to promise to commit to fifteen minutes of movement INSIDE every day, as best I can.

I started that last week with a workout on the Wii and reminded myself that my incredible doctor told me that fifteen minutes on that would be enough for me, every single day. Every day. And I have not been doing enough of it, so I start now.

Basically this blog is my entry into the world of fifteen minute increments, and a reminder to myself that quality is much more important than quantity! And if fifteen minutes is all you have to give, then that will have to be enough.

Today, Day 1:

We played outside in the backyard, drawing on the concrete of our "patio" area with sidewalk chalk. Then we played basketball for about twenty minutes or so. Then we went out front, drew some more artwork, rainbows and rainclouds, and then the kiddo taught me some ballet moves. We also got in a family walk after dinner, once the hubby got home, and took the dog with us, too.

So, there you have it. Day one of our fifteen minutes (and then some!) complete. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment